Diebold Nixdorf Hong Kong opens Retail Excellence Center
Retail hardware maker Diebold Nixdorf has opened a Retail Excellence Center in Hong Kong, a working showcase of its technology.
Diebold Nixdorf has worked with more than 2000 Hong Kong retailers during the past 30 years (initially when Diebold and Wincor Nixdorf were separate companies). It produces automated self-checkouts, cash-handling equipment and ATMs among other hardware.
Customers span supermarkets, convenience stores, personal health care stores, electronics, fashion, food and beverage, entertainment and theme parks.
In recent years the company has broadened its focus to include e-commerce technologies and software and while it continues to drive automation in the retail journey, it is also helping retailers incorporate more digital- and mobile-enabled touchpoints to improve the customer experience.
“Consumers in today’s digital world expect a personalised, connected and convenient shopping experience,” said Jacky Tsang, GM, retail at Diebold Nixdorf Hong Kong. “Our range of solutions and services help retailers create better, sustainable experiences for their customers.”
Solutions on display at the Retail Excellence Center include:
- Beetle / iScan Easy eXpress, a stand-alone, self-service check-out kiosk that allows customers to scan items themselves and make cashless payments.
- Vynamic Mobile Retail, which enables consumers to use smartphones to scan and pay for their goods.
- The cloud-based Vynamic Engage – a software-as-a-service solution that changes the way retailers can drive customer engagement, enabling a 360-degree view of customer behaviour and enhancing their shopping experience at every touchpoint of the journey, such as targeted promotions and multi-channel, real-time campaigns.
- Vynamic Engage, an open-API based solution, which allows real-time personalisation and engagement via customers’ smartphones.
Diebold Nixdorf operates in more than 130 countries with approximately 23,000 staff worldwide.
* Photo: Fiona Fu, Diebold Nixdorf VP and country manager, Hong Kong with Jacky Tsang, GM, retail at the new centre.